Who Can Join
You can become a member of UNOFCU upon opening your Regular Savings Account with a minimum deposit of $5.00. A $5.00 membership fee is also required to activate your membership.
Your Regular Savings Account is your share of ownership in UNO Federal Credit Union. You’re not a customer here, you are a member/owner of this unique cooperative financial institution.
- University of New Orleans (UNO) employees, retirees, students & contract employees
- Those who live, work, worship or attend school in St. Bernard & Orleans Parishes
- UNO Alumni Association Members
- UNO Foundation employees
- UNO Research and Technology Park employees
- New Beginnings Schools employees & students
- Benjamin Franklin High School employees & students
- Edward Hynes Charter School employees & students
- Audubon Charter School employees
- ARAMARK Employees working on UNO’s Campus
- UNO Privateer Place employees and residents
- Family members of current UNOFCU members
Identification Notice to Members under the USA Patriot Act
In order to comply with the USA Patriot Act and prevent the use of the US Banking System in terrorist and other illegal activity, we are required by Federal Law to obtain information when opening accounts or adding signatories to existing accounts including, but is not limited to:
- Residence address
- Mailing address (if different from above)
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Copy of a government issued photo identification (State-Issued Driver’s License, State-Issued Identification, Passport)
Additional data or identification, as required by the USA Patriot Act, may be gathered depending on the type of account applied for or opened.
Students will be asked to submit a copy of a current fee bill showing enrolled courses.